Sunday, December 04, 2005

They said it better

We're almost done with the incessant fooball posting. There's not a whole lot more to bitch about. Plus, we have 2005 to summarize, there's a Supreme Court nominee (still!), I've been doing a lot of weird things while drunk lately, and the 2008 election is a mere three years away.

But on the day that Michigan is exiled from New Year's bowl goodness and forced to go to a dump bowl in a dump state, there's some bile to spit. Not to compare Florida to Florence, but now I know how Dante felt.

The comments on mgoblog have been beautiful in the self-disgust, bitterness and snottiness that make being a Michigan fan what it is.
  • This is the appropriate end to a terrible year. The only fitting final touch will see Michigan pooch punt the ball and watch Nebraska - NEBRASKA - throw the ball all over the field 90 yards in two minutes for a game winning touchdown. After the game, the Huskers will have saved Callahan's job and claimed a victory that returns their program to glory. Then lloyd will announce he would do it the same way again if he had to. And then Jim Brandstader will wholeheartedly agree. The more things change, the more they stay the same.,
  • "Remember the Alamo" is now going to become a rallying cry to remind people not of valiant soldiers, but of the dangers of mediocrity. At least, in my head it will.
  • I'm so torn. Part of me is pissed @ the Outback committee for passing UM over. Part of me agrees w/ the previous comment about this being "tough love" & UM didn't deserve a Jan. 1 bowl. All I know is the program has hit a low point. To be honest with everyone I may not even watch the shitty bowl game. What a joke!
  • The worst thing about this is that Michigan is going to maul nebraska. The Huskers are probably the worst team Michigan will play this year out of the non-functional DNPs. It will make LLLL(L)oyd look good to beat them when he should not be lauded in any way this season.
Relatedly, on January 2, 2006, I will be rooting for Ohio State harder than I'll root for Michigan at the motherf***ing Alamo Bowl. Ohio State-Notre Dame is college football's version of the Iran/Iraq War, and I sure as shit won't pull for Khomeini.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmph. in the case of the fiesta bowl, i'm praying for a meteor.

Flop said...

What's worse than OSU in the top 5? More fuel for Notre Dame's "return to glory." Also, as a rule, I root for the Big 10 against other conferences. If they were playing for the national championship I'd probably root against OSU. Otherwise, I'll hold my nose and hope to see Notre Dame positively shredded.

Anonymous said...

i can't. i just can't. it's too horrible. i despise both teams with the white-hot intensity of 1,000 suns. (quick -- what's that from?)

Flop said...

White-hot intensity of 1,000 suns ... I tried to google it but the first hit was a Broncos fan site and nothing else jumps out. Doesn't ring a bell. It isn't from The O.C. or Knotts Landing, is it? Because I don't watch such programs.

Notre Dame is my George W. Bush. OSU is my Joe Lieberman/Hillary Clinton. One is the vortex of all evil. The other disgusts and infuriates me, but doesn't make me lose control of my senses.

Anonymous said...

It's just a good thing that the BCS took 2 Big 10 teams, or else wouldn't Michigan be in the Vitalis Sun Bowl?

Too bad about the Outback, though, I hear Ybor City throws such killer parties.

Flop said...

Crunk:

1.) Probably.

2.) The "killer parties" reference singlehandedl compensated for the obnoxious comments in leading up to the OSU game.