Friday, January 13, 2006

Balls!

On the heels of a post complaining about the Democrats' puppy dog tactics with Alito, I read the following, which lifted my spirits, and which I excerpt entirely from Digby:
Bush said the war's critics should stop questioning the motives that led him to launch the invasion of Iraq in March 2003.

"The American people know the difference between responsible and irresponsible debate when they see it…. And they know the difference between a loyal opposition that points out what is wrong, and defeatists who refuse to see that anything is right," Bush said.

"I ask all Americans to hold their elected leaders to account and demand a debate that brings credit to our democracy — not comfort to our adversaries," Bush said.

[...]

Karen Finney, the Democratic National Committee's communications director, said "the Bush administration's attack, distract and distort tactics reflect a Nixonian paranoia that is un-American."
Senate Democrats: Why do you never say things like this?!?!

OMG I don't know who she is but I looooove her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I pleeeeeeease have my Nuclear Option fight now?

Flop said...

I'm with you, brother.

Flop said...

To clarify: I'm with you that, at this point, I'm game for a judicial filibuster, letting the chips fall where they may as to whether the Republicans will exercise the nuclear option. There's no point on preserving a filibuster if it means people like Alito on the court.

Nothing I have seen this week makes me think that the Democrats are adequately competent, concerned, or gutsy to pull the trigger. The Democrats' confirmation strategy appears designed to ask poorly worded questions to satisfy core constituencies, allowing those senators to claim that they tried, then occasionally allude to Alito's badness in future campaign speeches. I don't think many of them give a damn about whether Alito is confirmed.

They have been godawful.

Anonymous said...

Too bad she can't speak English, huh?