Friday, May 05, 2006

An apology

This has been the lowest-quality week of this site's fourteen-month life.

You deserve better.

First was the Colbert post. At the time I wrote it, the only places talking about it were hard-core lefty blogs, and I thought I was doing a small service by putting it out there. By mid-week the story was ubiquitous, and not having even attempted any original analysis, my post on the subject was, in retrospect, a waste of space. Flop's Loyalty Day post was fine, but I had to read it a couple of times to figure out what was going on.

Next came the navel-gazing about falsely thinking that I'm sick. That turned out to be premature. I've got a cold, and it's completely fucked up my shit. Living in denial won't speed the recovery. It's May, I have a cold, and it sucks.

Hence, all you've gotten this week are two crap posts from me, and Flop baiting the Soviet Union.

Let's go home early and forget this week ever happened, okay? If there's another week this bad, the bank will foreclose, leaving us with no choice but to pack up the truck and leave the Dust Bowl.

No comments: