Monday, May 08, 2006

Comedy is tragedy, plus time

The former director, in happier times.

Porter Goss, delivering a commencement address at Tiffin University:
"If this were a graduating class of CIA case officers, my advice would be short and to the point: Admit nothing, deny everything and make counteraccusations," Goss, a former CIA officer, told the audience. "Clearly, that doesn't translate well beyond the world of the clandestine service, so I have some other thoughts I'd like to offer."
Also:
As he left his home in Washington yesterday, Goss told CNN his departure is "just one of those mysteries" and declined to elaborate.
Those mysteries include OMG hookers!

George W. Bush, speaking to German magazine Bild am Sonntag:

"You know, I've experienced many great moments and it's hard to name the best," Bush told weekly Bild am Sonntag when asked about his high point since becoming president in January 2001.

"I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound (3.402 kilos) perch in my lake," he told the newspaper in an interview published on Sunday.

An earlier comment, via Digby's blog:
I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's how I've been irritating my Republican friends today. I started thinking about what would have happened if, say, Al Gore or John Kerry had claimed to have caught a perch almost twice as large as the largest perch ever caught. So now I'm peppering my commentary with things like:

"Yeah, like that time that Bush claimed to be the world's greatest fisherman. He caught the biggest bass ever!"

And...

"So, Bush, the supposedly regular-guy fisherman, doesn't know the difference between a perch and a bass? Some outdoorsman. There is something about Bush that requires him to distort reality to fit his own conception of himself.*"

*The last sentence is an exact quote, with the name changed, from Power Line's description of the Kerry hunting trip.