Monday, May 29, 2006

Hey, good lookin'

As you can see, I've been playing with the layout of the site a little bit. That basically consisted of googling for Blogger templates, customizing this one, and learning some very basic code to tweak the design.

My one gripe with this layout is how comments are registered. Notice the number next to the post title? Click there to leave a comment. It took me awhile to figure this out.

Because the number of comments is so prominently displayed, having a big fat zero will make me feel like a failure. So comment away.

I also did this without Flop's approval, so if he objects, we'll be back to the old look soon.

The photo in the banner is one I took over the weekend. It seems like as good a summary for our site as any: everybody's anonymous, New York is in the background, beer bottles rest on the ledge, and you can't tell if people are having a serious conversation or just a good time.

How does it look? Too busy? Font too small? Let me know.

No comments: