Thursday, July 20, 2006

30 is the new 21

In 2006-07, Flop, many of our featured friends and I will turn 30. A few months ago it was BPDHMQ2K6's turn, and this week I made a rare Wednesday appearance at Professor Thom's for the 30th of blog posterboy and drinking partner Brian (pictured below). Luminaries in attendance included Original Jeff, Backup Jeff, Tertiary Jeff, Brooklyn Danielle, High School Dave, and Kickball Girl. Vanessa was one of several attendees who lack a nickname.

I was honored that several strangers remembered me from a party appearance last fall. I arrived at that event in quite a condition. Flop and I were going through a stage where we liked to whoop, then shout, "Roll Tide!" I did it quite a lot that night, and many people I don't remember now think of me as the Roll Tide guy. Sad that I don't even like SEC teams.

Brian's longtime girlfriend HMQ2K5 made a cake, and since it was a weeknight I was on good behavior. Brian stayed classy given the occasion.

I have 67 days before I hit 30. It's a night that will probably end ugly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And a very happy birthday to her majesty's consort...

Anonymous said...

Why thanks for the post -- it was a very good night, and I was very glad not to spend any time on the floor this time around. But, at 30, you'd think I've grown out of it, wouldn't you?

And yea, lots of nicknames and we didn't even get to "Mahwah Dave" and "Jonnie G." We'll have to work on one for Vanessa...

Anonymous said...

Why thanks for the post -- it was a very good night, and I was very glad not to spend any time on the floor this time around. But, at 30, you'd think I've grown out of it, wouldn't you?

And yea, lots of nicknames and we didn't even get to "Mahwah Dave" and "Jonnie G." We'll have to work on one for Vanessa...

Anonymous said...

The fact that we all generally dress and behave like a combination of a fifteen-year-old and a fifty-year-old isn't a bad thing. Personally, I'm aiming for behavioral extremes on both ends (15 and 50) with the idea that my conduct averages the behavior of 32.5-year-old. That makes me mature for my age.