Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Are You There, God? It's me, [Flop].

In case God is among our blog's literally dozens of readers, I'd like to make it clear that I don't necessarily consider the snowstorm to necessarily be an instance of His wrath. In fact, aside from the inconvenience it caused friends who braved the weather to come out on my birthday, I rather enjoyed it.
Perhaps in an earlier time, I would have taken a massive, record-breaking storm on my birthday as a sign that God was going all Old-Testament on my ass. But this weekend, I just enjoyed watching the flakes swirl while I shared a couple pints with my friends. It was either a gift or fortuitous coincidence, depending on your belief in such things. (Cole Slaw Blog is a secular entity, and considers religion to be a private matter. As such we believes in freedom of religion or, if you prefer, freedom from religion.)

I have no opinion about His feelings toward Cleveland sports teams, but, well, there's precious little evidence that He's ever chanted ""Here we go, Brownies! Here we go!"

He probably uses that yellow mustard, too.

3 comments:

Flop said...

What the hell is going on with all of this God lunacy today?

Flop said...

I mean, are you on mescaline again or something?

evil girl said...

thought it was actually rather well done. props to flop.