Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Am I the only one ...

... who likes the Burger King commercials with the creepy "King" mascot superimposed on NFL footage? I won't lie, they put a small spring in my step.

I hated the ones during the NCAA Tournament with the vaguely creepy ranch, even though I approved of their high quantity of pretty ladies. And the ones with the plastic-headed King waking up in the dude's bed, well, the less said about those the better.

But what's funnier than said creepy mascot taking a pick to the house? Not much, I say. We're only a couple weeks into football season, but already, TV has made up for those horrible Taco Bell commercials last season which made me inappropriately despondent for humanity's prospects. Now if we could just get Aaron Taylor to be the sidekick on someone's talk show.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate Flop.

This is because I now have the Hootie-sung "Tendercrisp Chicken Bacon Cheddar Ranch" song stuck in my head...

badly drawn boykins said...

I like that commercial too, because for all its creepiness, it's joyful, and I love all things joyful (but not in the super creepy Herpes suppression way).

I like the recent Old Navy color cords commercial for the same reason - it's silly and not all that high concept, but there's genuine joy in there.

evil girl said...

Given how much Flop loves food, it's no surprise that he'd have a little crush on the football-playing Burger King.

Anonymous said...

He has also, since the mid-90s, had kind of a crush on Hootie.

Flop said...

Why must you turn this into a blog of lies, O crunk one? You're the one with The Rembrandts' box set.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Flop, you're the one that emailed me this link this morning with the message "There is nothing about this which is not awesome." (Regular readers know the syntax is a dead giveaway that it's really you!)

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/7631891/spindoctors?pageid=rs.Home&pageregion=single1

Flop said...

By the way, I ran into that girl you used to date. What was her name? Hermine? Or maybe Beryl? I think it was Beryl. Anyway, she gave me back the Gin Blossoms T-shirt you left at her house. She tried to give me some DVDs, too, but when I saw what they were, I knew you'd never let THAT one out of your apartment.

(HOW did Encyclopedia Flop know the DVD's weren't Crunk Raconteurs? Turn to Page 78 to find out.)

Flop said...

Interesting allusion. Out of college nostalgia, I ended up listening to some Gin Blossoms songs on Sunday. Verdict? Really not that bad. They hold up better than The Spin Doctors.