Friday, September 02, 2005

Things that aren't depressing

It's hard to focus on silliness when you're watching your country go to hell.

Here are some things that have made me happy anyway.
  • The John Roberts confirmation hearings start next week. Conservative Bloggers Who Support the Gay Judge Roberts want you to know that they support him. Even if he is gay.
  • Conservative Bloggers Who Support the Gay Judge Roberts have learned that Judge Roberts is a cousin of Kanye West ("who apparently is a rapper") and that Mr. West loves Judge Roberts. Even if he is gay.
  • Man with cat on head -- Maggie and Oliver, I'll see you next weekend.
  • Hey! College football season gets rolling tomorrow! In a recent season of NCAA Football 2006 on the Playstation 2, the following occurred: Michigan went undefeated and beat Tennesses in the Rose Bowl, 42-7; Mike Hart won the Doak Walker and Maxwell trophies; virtually the entire Michigan defense was First Team, All-American; and Steve Breaston won the Heisman Trophy.
  • Incidentally, why does Steve Spurrier get such a definitive nickname -- "The Ol' Ball Coach"? I don't hate him like everyone else, but still.
  • My co-blogger can't catch crabs enough.

I wish I could list more things that aren't depressing. Unfortunately, it has been an ugly week.

2 comments:

Flop said...

Oh, excellent. I am often eager to find a new AWSOME Flower Garden website, as I have a strong interest in Flower Garden. Flower Garden is among my favorite hobbies and interests. Please tell more.

Anonymous said...

maggie and oliver eagerly await your arrival!