Friday, June 23, 2006

If Plato Is a Fine Red Wine, Then Aristotle Is a Dry Martini*

It’s hot. It’s really hot. And the weekend is just a few short hours away. And nobody wants to a) work, or b) read the series of political rants I keep putting off. So, here are three ways to kill this Friday afternoon.
  • Make your own South Park doppelgänger. Some of you may have seen this already (when I mentioned it to Flop, he told me he’d seen it before), but the create-your-own-South-Park-character generator is absolutely fantastic. Included at right is the character of me made by my roommate. It’s terrifying in its realism. This looks more like me than my passport picture. I particularly like that he added the sweat from wearing that suit in 98% humidity.

  • Remember that, fundamentally, soccer is laughable. Honestly, is this clip from the Simpsons ever not funny? And yes, I’m bitter about Team USA. But I’m going to keep watching the World Cup, I just have to find a new team to pull for now. Maybe the Netherlands? I don’t know why. Maybe it’s my predilection towards teams with orange in their uniforms, funny names, and a tendency to never win championships.

*Okay, I need to stop with the Kicking and Screaming references.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling that next week's theme will be "political rants and unhinged screeching." No promises, just a hunch. We haven't done that on here in awhile.

Anonymous said...

I'll try to keep the screeching to a minimum, I promise!

Anonymous said...

I'll be in charge of screeching.

Anonymous said...

Regarding the final 16 ...

Teams I'm Actively Rooting For: Brazil, Australia, Ecuador, Ghana

Team I Usually Don't Root For But Will This Time Because Of A Newly Joyful Approach To The Game: Argentina

Team I Will Tolerate So I Don't Come Across As Totally Bigoted Against An Entire Continent: Holland

Teams I'm Actively Rooting Against: Mexico, the entire rest of Europe

Anonymous said...

As the Dutch metallurgical hedonist Johan van der Smut once said, "I'm from Holland...isn't that weird?"