Friday, November 04, 2005

Friday slacker roundup

Yeah, Friday afternoon is definitely the most productive time of the workweek. In that vein, here's some shit you should be reading to grind that clock down to such a time that you can carelessly drop your inanimate carbon rod and head for the employee lot.

  • I recently wrote an extensive, yet probably not-quite-extensive enough, e-mail to a friend about to visit Paris for the first time. It was of random, quirky, out-of-the-way places to see, not the standard guidebook fare. I wish I could have sent my friend this. A McSweeney's compilation of random, fun European places.
  • I've been working on an Alton Brown post for about a month now. I just got his book, and I honestly think he might be a genius. If he's not, he's smarter and more intellectually curious than 99 percent of Americans, myself included (I heard that, Crimenotes). His publishing house needs better copy editors _ or maybe just copy editors. If you think I'm nuts, DVR his show and see what I mean. But be warned, you'll totally lose patience with most other cooking shows. Except maybe the Tyler Florence cuckold-chic empire.
  • A friend pointed this out, but it's good reads: Slacktivist has a post up compiling two fun theories relating to George W. Bush's sliding poll numbers. It's goofy fun, complete with gratuitous use of the word "azimuth" and the hypothetical molestation of Wilford Brimley.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AB! I currently have 5 episodes of Good Eats on my Tivo.

I want to hear what you think of his book.