Monday, June 06, 2005

"The stupid son"

Catching up on a little reading after the weekend away, and saw a post by the Rude Pundit that caught former President George H.W. Bush referring to our current president as "the stupid son." Context is important, so here's H.W.'s full response to Larry King's question about what it's like when the two gentlemen disagree:

No problem. No problem. He's elected. I'm just sitting by here, sitting, you know, as a bystander these days. And the reason is, I don't want to say anything, do anything, publicly sign anything, op-ed anything that has one nuance of difference between myself and the president, because that would be the story. Rush down, the nutty father says this. Or look what the stupid son did. I mean, we don't need to get into that.
Not a blockbuster quote, but it's kind of funny that H.W. opted to refer to the president as "the stupid son" without any prompting from ace interviewer Larry King. I mean, if someone were to ask me about what it was like to go drinking with Flop and I referred to him unsolicited as "the stupid blogger," it would probably be for a reason.

The entire boring interview is transcribed here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

flop's not stupid, just fat.

Flop said...

Ouch.

Don't make me separate you two.