Saturday, October 01, 2005

Dread in Rome

ROME -- I just stepped into an Internet cafe to work out travel plans, not realizing that the Michigan-Michigan State game was in progress and that I was able to follow it on ESPN. Hence, my last night in Rome is being spent following hazy details of a football game that, right now, I care about as much as life itself.

This post should discuss my exploits wandering around a Roman freeway and getting lost in what appeared to be a Roman crack alley far, far off the beaten path; about slamming my head into a shelf when stepping out of the shower and fears that I'd die from it, complete with Michael Hutchens rumors; about people assuming that I'm Italian, my ambivalence about the Sistine Chapel, and how the trip to Europe may be turning me into a neo-conservative. But that will all have to wait for another day.

The game just tied, 31-31. I am in considerable agony.

No comments: