Monday, October 03, 2005

Query: Who the fuck is Harriet Miers?

FLORENCE, ITALY -- Seriously. Is this a practical joke? They say Bush has a good sense of humor.

In other news, I've overcome the exhaust fumes of Rome and found myself in a wonderful Anglo-American tourist colony on the banks of the Arno River.

In the tourist season it's probably a miserable place, but in early October it's sort of wonderful. Not too crowded and easily navigated. A hard rain was falling for my first 24 hours, which made my shoes soggy but the city sort of beautiful. Today I walked to the top of the Duomo just as the rain let up. A rainbow was over the city. Very nice indeed.

While Harriet Miers may suck, the Michigan win salvaged my trip and my sense of dignity. More on that later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd rather have Harriet Miers than Drew Stanton.

Flop said...

Yes, but will Harriet Miers' cakehole be shut as emphatically as Stanton's was for him?

Enjoy Columbus, Drew.

Anonymous said...

It's good to see that Ol' Resolute has learend his lesson and isn't just appointing grossly unqualified cronies to important positions...oh, wait.

I'm guessing this probably won't be their confirmation slogan:

Harriet Miers: The Michael Brown of Jurisprudence.