Thursday, October 06, 2005

Take that, Port Moresby

Not to turn this into a Cleveland-centric blog, but I should point out that Cleveland was recently named a most-livable city. Yes, I know, "livable" cities are so because no one actually wants to live there.

I just thought I'd point out that sports teams are probably not taken into account in the survey (though I don't know the methodology). In fact, Cleveland's mayor, Jane Campbell, seems to think that what makes Cleveland fun is the Browns. Anyone who has put up with my sports angst this week should know better.

I also wanted to lord it over Port Moresby, in Papua New Guinea, which finished dead last. But I bet John Elway never ruined the childhoods of a generation of Port Moresbians back in the 80's. And those same kids never had to watch their local baseball team capture the city's hearts, just in time to crush them.

Lucky bastards.

No comments: