Thursday, October 27, 2005

Chicago

Today I go to the city where I almost attended college, almost went to grad school, almost went for a career, and yet haven't seen since 2000. Daunting to think about how differently things would have worked out if I did any of those things. For one thing, I'd probably be paying cheaper rent.

I'll be watching a mediocre team from a good program play a good team from a mediocre program. Because my life has resembled an extended version of Ferris Bueller's Day Off in recent weeks, I intend to disrupt the White Sox victory parade with a Beatles/Wayne Newton medley.

The usual disclaimers apply as to how Flop behaves when I'm gone.

1 comment:

evil girl said...

fine, but i'm not bailing flop out of jail, picking him up from the hospital or piecing back the pieces of his broken-monkey heart if it breaks again from your repeated absences.