Wednesday, October 19, 2005

October Slaw: Could I have been more wrong?

Yeah, so I had a whole post about how I totally was wrong about Jose Contreras and the White Sox. It done got eaten.

So I'll just move right along. A friend of mine and I were watching the denoument of Game 5 of the NLCS the other night and discussing an Astros-White Sox World Series when Pujols hit that mammoth blast that might have ended Houston's season right there. A loss like that is beyond just a gut punch. It's one of those things that can leave a team of zombies. We'll see tonight if the Astros have regrouped. While I have sympathy for the 'Stros and their fans, I have to say that I'd prefer to see the Cardinals win the World Series over either of the other remaining teams. I was raised in Cleveland, but I was born in St. Louis.

Also, my bling-encrusted, guest-blogging friend and I do love making juvenile jokes about the exact degree of Taguchi on the Cardinals' bench. (How Taguchi is it, anyway?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, it's So Taguchi I can't even tell you...