Monday, May 09, 2005

Cousin Geri is on Deadwood

I love HBO's Deadwood. Its byzantine plotlines and f-bomb loving, hard-drinking whoremongers are HBO's gifts to my Sunday nights. But who knew that Cousin Geri (her real name is Geri Jewell) from The Facts of Life plays Al Swearingen's longsuffering barkeep? Salon.com has an interview with her. She looks nothing like she did on Facts, a show that I loved circa 1983. By the show's wicked standards there's something almost sweet and affectionate about Al's relationship with Jewel. Salon and Geri agree. Plus, I love the idea of a Facts alumna cast in the Dakota territory of the 1870s. Here's hoping that Charlotte Rae makes an appearance in HBO's upcoming Rome series.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This really has nothing to do with The Facts of Life or your post. But, I am also a huge fan of Deadwood. Or, as one of the guys I work with call it "the cocksucker show."

Sorry, if this is a family place, but, seriously they use that word a lot.

Flop said...

Cole Slaw Blog is indeed not a family place, and the word "cocksucker" has been seen in these pages before. More importantly, has there ever been a more charismatic TV villain than Swearingen? Does he even count as a villain anymore with Mr. Hearst's agent making trouble?

Flop said...

Damn. I need to watch this show. I'm putting that shit on the DVR right now.

Anonymous said...

A must watch on Sunday nights or Monday nights... or whenever you get around to tivo-ing that cocksucker.

(note: this week's use of the term "cocksucker" was at an all time low.)

Flop said...

Does anyone know if the Tuesday 9 p.m. episode is the most recent one or an older one? I hate when I watch back episodes of a show out of order.

Anonymous said...

Here's the latest episode:

http://www.hbo.com/apps/schedule/ScheduleServlet?ACTION_DETAIL=DETAIL&ID=110766