Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Side dish

Still at work on a big-ass Newsweek post. By the time it's over, the story will be old and the post will be book length. In the interim, here's some news of the world, Cole Slaw style.
  • Pressure's off, lads. Turns out that the pretty ladies don't need orgasms in the first place.
  • At first I was troubled, confused, yet entertained (in a conscientious way) by breaking news of a lion killing 28 Cambodian midgets in a battle of the species. My co-blogger convinced me it was a hoax. His theory is now confirmed (available only via Google cache). Click on the second link for a very funny account of how an inside joke spun out of control.
  • Blog perv Danielle, my pal Katie, and others I know are psyched about the new Star Wars movie, going at 3:30 a.m. and whatnot. I was into Star Wars until I turned 11, then stopped giving a shit and gave myself to Dante. Now I'm more the Turkish Wizard of Oz type. Danielle, send pictures of your Princess Leia get-up so we can post them here.
  • Flop and I will be in attendance at tomorrow night's Hold Steady concert. If you yell, "Cole Slaw!" between sets, we'll monkey clap.
  • I've loved this season of 24. I'm currently watching Monday's episode on Tivo, and it's terrible. Did they swap scripts with Judging Amy this week? What crap!
  • We've been enjoying seeing how strangers have been finding this site. In addition to the kind referrals by Nichelle and Spinachdip, an awful lot of people are looking for information on Brad's wedgie and 28-year-old comedic burnout Rodney Rothman. We'd love to see Brad and Rodney in a grudge match with 40 midgets, that's for fuckin' sure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The theory is quickly making the rounds on the internet that the absence of Flop for the past week is because he was waiting in line for Star Wars dressed as Boba Fett.

Flop said...

Dude, not only has he been obsessing over his Boba Fett costume, he's patronizing the OTB and gambling away his time and life's saving. A tragic situation for himself, as well as you, the reader.

Flop said...

An update: Crunk, I just noticed that he's working on two posts. Phew. I was worried that we had a J.D. Salinger situation on our hands.

Anonymous said...

I don't know I've heard that Flop likes to catch one in the rye every now and then.